An addiction to heroin is not something one would wish on anyone, but when it occurs, those so afflicted need to be able to get help and find their way out of the addiction. Before they can even begin to address the psychological, mental, and spiritual aspects of such an addiction though, they need to move through a heroin detox. A heroin detox will help them by cleaning their bodies up and freeing them physically from the chemical dependency issue that heroin has created for them. A heroin detox will ween the individual down, effectively pulling heroin chemicals from the body in a safe and comfortable way, day after day, until there are no longer any residual heroin substances left in the body.
A lot of people are initially very afraid of a heroin detox, because they feel as though this approach will be very painful and unpleasant for them. While it is true that a cold turkey detox approach (just coming down off of heroin with no help or support whatsoever) is quite uncomfortable, a professional heroin detox is quite the opposite. A professional center is able to apply a multitude of different treatment methods to help an individual to come down off of heroin safely and comfortably. This occurs in a monitored setting, with the assistance of medical professionals and support staff.
There are multiple approaches that a treatment center can take to address heroin detox, and with the advent of pharmaceutical drug addiction being so common, medical detox options are becoming more concerning and holistic detox tools are becoming more sought out. Nowadays, people tend to desire a holistic heroin detox because they fear the possibility of taking prescription drugs in a medical detox and then becoming addicted to those pill drugs in the long run. This has been occurring with enough prevalence that recovering individuals seek holistic remedies as an alternative to medical remedies.
Holistic Heroin Detox
A holistic heroin detox offers a fully safe and comfortable detox environment that is completely drug-free. Generally speaking, such a detox takes about a week, but sometimes it can take up to two weeks before a participant is able to transition into the main, rehabilitation part of their recovery program. Generally speaking, in a cold turkey detox an individual will feel the worst withdrawal symptoms for the first one to three days. After that, the symptoms will gradually subside for about a week to a week and a half. In a holistic heroin detox, it is the first week that the most intensive services are needed for participants.
A holistic heroin detox will have made a commitment to treating heroin in a totally drug-free way, so they will need to utilize other methods for helping people who are viciously hooked on this terrible drug. Some of these will be approaches like:
- A very nutrition-based diet.
- Application of minerals and supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin B1, etc.
- Epsom salt baths.
- Essential oils treatments.
- Proper hydration, plus lots of exercise to sweat out toxins, and then more hydration.
- Utilizing natural anti-inflammatories such as fish oil, turmeric, green tea, passionflower, and astragalus root.
- GABA, synthesized from the passionflower, is also very helpful for healing the neurotransmitters that are damaged by continuous opioid addiction. GABA, consumed naturally, triggers feelings of tranquility and calm.
- Activated charcoal can present anti-inflammatory remedies and detoxifying properties to those who take it within a heroin detox.
- Sauna therapy to allow for a large amount of sweating to release toxins from the body.
- Whirlpool therapy for body aches.
- Massage therapy to align muscles and tissues that get bent out of shape from withdrawal.
- A “vitamin bomb” therapy that uses a large quantity of various vitamins to address the significant vitamin deficiency that heroin abuse creates.
- Acupuncture for stress and pain relief.
There are multiple routes to addressing a heroin detox that do not need to use potentially addictive medicines and drugs. Bright Future Recovery is proudly able to offer such services in its fully drug-free detoxification program. Bright Future Recovery presents a heroin detox program that combines much of the above detox tools and then some. Call today for more information. 1-800-316-9023.